Is Kyrie Irving Planning to Leave the Celtics?
The Boston Celtics are worried that Kyrie Irving will leave instead of resign with them. Should the Celtics be worried?
Third baseman need to have an excellent arm in order to throw out runners. It isn't as hard of a position to play as catcher and first base. Who are the Top 10 third baseman heading into the 2019 season?
10. Eduardo Escobar (ARI): Escobar was very productive last season for Arizona. With Paul Goldschmidt gone, Eduardo Escobar is going to have to continue producing. Outfielder A.J. Pollock may not be back with the Diamondbacks. Escobar will be the Diamondbacks best hitter if Pollock doesn't go back. Eduardo Escobar's batting average last season was .272 with 23 home runs and 84 RBI's, along with two stolen bases. His on-base percentage was .334.
9. Miguel Andujar (NYY): Andujar broke out in his first full season as the starting third baseman for New York. He struggled in the field, but he is only 23 years old. Miguel Andujar has been rumored in trade talks this offseason, but he is still with the Yankees. His batting average was .297 with 27 home runs and 92 RBI's, along with two stolen bases. Andujar's on-base percentage was .328.
8. Anthony Rendon (WSH): Rendon will need to continue playing baseball at a high level. With Bryce Harper possibly leaving Washington, Anthony Rendon will probably be the best hitter on the team. His batting average was .308 with 24 home runs and 92 RBI's, along with two stolen bases. Rendon's on-base percentage was .374.
7. Travis Shaw (MIL): Shaw was another power source for Milwaukee last season. His batting average was .241 with 32 home runs and 86 RBI's, along with five stolen bases. Travis Shaw's on-base percentage was .345.
6. Mike Moustakas (UFA): Moustakas played most of the 2018 season with the Kansas City Royals until he was traded to the Milwaukee Brewers. Mike Moustakas is currently a free agent. He is 30 years old. Moustakas would be a good fit for any team and he won a World Series title in 2015 with Kansas City. He is also a very good fielder. His batting average last season was .251 with 28 home runs and 95 RBI's, along with four stolen bases. Mike Moustakas's on-base percentage was .315.
5. Matt Carpenter (STL): Carpenter is the best player on the St. Louis Cardinals. He is very versatile. Matt Carpenter is a very good fielder and hitter. His batting average last season was .257 with 36 home runs and 81 RBI's, along with four stolen bases. Carpenter's on-base percentage was .381.
4. Eugenio Suarez (CIN): Suarez is one of the most vital players in the Reds lineup. Cincinnati was very good offensively a season ago, but they couldn't get anybody out. Eugenio Suarez went to the All-Star Game last season. He is only 27 years old. Suarez's batting average last season was .283 with 34 home runs and 104 RBI's, along with one stolen base. His on-base percentage was .366.
3. Alex Bregman (HOU): Bregman was considered being one of the favorites to win the AL MVP last season. He was healthy for the entire season and some key Astros players missed some time due to injury last season. Alex Bregman carried the load a lot. He might be the first or second best fielding third baseman in all of baseball. Bregman is a highlight reel waiting to happen in the field. His batting average last season was .286 with 31 home runs and 103 RBI's, along with 10 stolen bases. Alex Bregman's on-base percentage was .394.
2. Jose Ramirez (CLE): Ramirez took his game to another level last season for the Cleveland Indians. Without him, Cleveland wouldn't have been as good and they may not have even made the playoffs without his productivity. Even though outfielder Mookie Betts of the Boston Red Sox won the MVP for the American League last season, Jose Ramirez in my opinion was the other favorite to win it. His batting average last season was .270 with 39 home runs and 105 RBI's, along with 34 stolen bases. Ramirez's on-base percentage was .387.
1. Nolan Arenado (COL): Arenado is the best third baseman in the game. He is a very dangerous hitter and he is also a highlight reel waiting to happen in the field. Nolan Arenado is in the final year of his contract with Colorado. His batting average last season was .297 with 38 home runs and 110 RBI's, along with two stolen bases. Arenado's on-base percentage was .374.