The NBA season is about a month old now. Drama is already occurring in the first month of the regular season. The Golden State Warriors already are having a feud and the Minnesota Timberwolves traded away Jimmy Butler to the Philadelphia 76ers. Who are the top 10 teams in the NBA right now?
10. Los Angeles Lakers: The Lakers have won four straight games and their record so far this season is 8-6. They are currently the seventh seed in the west and they will continue to improve. Tyson Chandler is now with the team. Lebron James hasn't been at his best this season, but he is letting the young kids grow like Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball, and Josh Hart. They will get better as the season goes on.
9. Oklahoma City Thunder: After that 0-4 start, the Thunder have won their last nine out of 10 games. Russell Westbrook is dealing with an injury and Paul George and Dennis Schroder have done an excellent job carrying the load for this team. Oklahoma City is very good defensively.
8. Philadelphia 76ers: The 76ers landed Jimmy Butler in a trade with the Minnesota Timberwolves. Philadelphia now has a big three featuring him, Joel Embiid, and Ben Simmons. They are an elite defensive team. If they could score the ball, the Philadelphia 6ers will be very dangerous. The east will be even tougher because of them. The 76ers record so far this season is 9-7. Markelle Fultz needs to pick up the slack.
7. Indiana Pacers: The Pacers record so far this season is 8-6 and they are currently the number three seed in the east. Indiana is a well coached team. Victor Oladipo is the leader on this team. He is averaging 23.8 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 4.9 APG, and 1.8 SPG so far this season. The Indiana Pacers also play very good team ball.
6. Denver Nuggets: The Nuggets have lost four straight games after starting the season 9-1. They currently sit in the third spot in the west. Denver has one of the best players in the game in Nikola Jokic. He is averaging 17.5 PPG, 10.4 RPG, and 6.9 APG so far this season. Jokic plays both ends of the floor well. They don't have a very deep bench.
5. Boston Celtics: The Celtics play much better at home than they do on the road. Boston's record so far this season is 8-6. The Boston Celtics have not played up to the level that the Milwaukee Bucks and the Toronto Raptors have in the east so far. This team has many options offensively. Jayson Tatum and Kyrie Irving have been the most consistent players on the team. Gordon Hayward is still trying to find his groove. He is just averaging 10 PPG so far this season.
4. Portland Trail Blazers: The Trail Blazers continue to prove everyone wrong so far this season. They are 10-4 in the west and Portland is currently the number two seed. The back court of C.J. McCollum and Damian Lillard continues to turn heads and everyone else is chipping in. The Portland Trail Blazers are well coached.
3. Golden State Warriors: As talented as the Warriors are, there is something that is starting to happen internally and it doesn't look good. They will obviously continue to win games and be the best team in the west, but this will be a story to keep an eye as the season goes on. The Golden State Warriors record so far this season is 12-3.
2. Milwaukee Bucks: The Bucks are really talented and good and it is finally showing. They dominated the Golden State Warriors on the road last week thanks to Giannis Antetokounmpo and others. Mike Budenhozler is getting the message through to his team. This team plays both ends of the floor really well. They are so much better offensively this season. The Milwaukee Bucks don't look offensively challenged and that is a big deal because of how good they are defensively. Milwaukee's record so far this season is 10-4.
1. Toronto Raptors: The Raptors lead the east with a 12-3 record. Toronto's offense is really good. They have one of the deepest rosters in the NBA. Kawhi Leonard has been nothing but amazement so far this season for this team. The Toronto Raptors might have a better bench than the Golden State Warriors.