It is officially the half way point of the NFL season. With it being Week 9 of the regular season, some teams will be in thick of the playoff race and some teams will be preparing already for 2019. Who are the top 10 teams entering Week 9 of the NFL season?
10. Washington Redskins (5-2): The Redskins defense has been very good this season. It is their strength. At some point, the offense will crash. For now, they lead the NFC East. Adrian Peterson is still a work horse in the backfield. Last week's ranking: 10.
9. Minnesota Vikings (4-3-1): The Vikings played the Saints tough at home, but New Orleans is a step better than them. Minnesota doesn't have a running game. Kirk Cousins can't do it all by himself. Because of it, he had a couple of key turnovers and it cost them. Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen continue to amaze at wide receiver. They should be the favorties still to win the NFC North. Last week's ranking: 6.
8. Houston Texans (5-3): Deshaun Watson is back to his old self and they have won five straight games. The Houston Texans lead the AFC South. They acquired wide receiver Demaryius Thomas from the Denver Broncos. It will help them since Will Fuller is done for the season The Texans need to fix up some problems on defense but they are getting better. Last week's ranking: not ranked.
7. Carolina Panthers (5-2): The only reason why the Carolina Panthers don't lead the NFC South right now is because how good the New Orleans Saints are. Cam Newton is having a solid season. They have not lost a game at home this season. The Panthers might be the most underrated team in football. Last week's ranking: 8.
6. New England Patriots (6-2): The Patriots have won five straight games, but the close win against the Buffalo Bills on the road proves that New England isn't as good as people they think are. The AFC is also tougher than people think it is. Not having Sony Michel hurt this team in the running game. Josh Gordon is coming along with the Patriots. Last week's ranking: 5.
5. Los Angeles Chargers (5-2): Joey Bosa is coming back this week and it will boost the defense. The offense is legit and so is the defense. They can't take this weekend's game lightly on the road against the Seattle Seahawks. Last week's ranking: 4.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-2-1): The Steelers have a chance to put the division to bed this weekend with a win on the road against the Baltimore Ravens. Pittsburgh's offense is flowing right now with James Conner in the backfield. He had over 200 scrimmage yards against the Cleveland Browns at home. They don't need Le'Veon Bell back. Ben Roethlisberger continues to play at a high level and they have a good pass rush. Last week's ranking: 7.
3. Kansas City Chiefs (7-1): The Chiefs offense continues to shine. The Denver Broncos gave them a game once again. Kansas City's defense has been better the last two weeks. Eric Berry will be back at some point. Patrick Mahomes is most likely the MVP through eight weeks. Last week's ranking: 3.
2. New Orleans Saints (6-1): The Saints are elite in all three phases of the game. Taysom Hill continues to be a secret weapon for New Orleans. Drew Brees is still Drew Brees. The pass defense forced key turnovers, including a P.J. Williams pick six for New Orleans in a 30-20 win. Michael Thomas might be a top three receiver in the league this season. They have a big game this weekend at home against the Los Angeles Rams. Last week's ranking: 2.
1.Los Angeles Rams (8-0): The Rams barely got past by the Packers, but they are 8-0. The Los Angeles Rams will be tested big time this weekend on the road against the New Orleans Saints. Jared Goff has not looked the same the last few weeks. Todd Gurley is the best running back in the game. The Rams defense got even better by trading for Dante Fowler from the Jacksonville Jaguars. Last week's ranking: 1.