Joel Embiid Should be Considered an MVP Candidate
It is only January and a lot of people are talking about either James Harden or Giannis Antetokounmpo to win the MVP, but what about Joel Embiid?
The NFL postseason will kick off this weekend with four games on Wild Card Weekend. Two games will be played on Saturday and two games will be played on Sunday. The playoffs should be exciting once again this season. They were exciting last season. I went 13-3 with my picks last week. My record for the 2018 regular season was 152-102-2.
AFC: (6) Indianapolis Colts 38 (3) Houston Texans 31: Andrew Luck had his way with the the Texans defense in two match ups this season. He passed for a total of 863 yards six touchdowns and one interception in those games. These two teams split the regular season series. DeShaun Watson will show up to play for this team. DeAndre Hopkins will be the best wide receiver on the field. There will be a couple of reasons why the Colts will top the Texans. The first one is that Frank Reich will out coach Bill O'Brien. The second one is that Indianapolis will limit the big plays and Houston won't.
(5) Los Angeles Chargers 13 (4) Baltimore Ravens 20: These two teams played each other two weeks ago on a Saturday night in Los Angeles. The Ravens won the game 22-10. This week could be different, but it won't be. Even though the Chargers have not lost a game this season outside of Los Angeles, it will be different this weekend. Baltimore's defense will make Philip Rivers look uncomfortable once again. His confidence is shot right now and Rivers doesn't come up large in big games. Lamar Jackson will be the youngest quarterback to start a playoff game. They will control the line of scrimmage.
NFC: (6) Philadelphia Eagles 27 (3) Chicago Bears 28: This could be the most intriguing game on Wild Card Weekend. The Eagles are the defending Super Bowl Champions. The Bears haven't been to the playoffs since 2011. Chicago has a very good defense. They will force a couple of turnovers and that will be the difference in the game.
(5) Seattle Seahawks 24 (4) Dallas Cowboys 20: These two teams played each other Week 3 in Seattle and the Seahawks won that game 24-13. They will play tough defense once again and Seattle will make a key stop late in the game. Russell Wilson is a better quarterback than Dak Prescott. It wouldn't be a surprise if both of these teams didn't reach the end zone in this game because of how well both defenses are playing. The field goal kickers might be relied upon a lot in this game.
Bold Predictions: 1. Marlon Mack and Jordan Wilkins will each rush for 70 yards and a touchdown for the Colts against the Texans.
2. The Chargers have more rushing yards than passing yards.
3. Nick Foles doesn't throw for 300 yards against the Bears.
4. A defensive touchdown will be scored in the Seattle Seahawks vs Dallas Cowboys game.